Sagittarius 2020 River Thames London Wheel of Life Pilgrimage
Gatekeeper Wheel of Life events
Throughout the year in Britain we celebrate and connect the invisible forces of the earth and universe with our own inner light. We activate the Wheel of Life, celebrating in each of the 12 zodiacal areas in pilgrimage and expressive arts as community events. Capricorn starts the year in the Winchester area, and Sagittarius ends with a Thames River pilgrimage in London.
Sagittarius River Thames Pilgrimage in London
We meet at St Martin-in-the-Fields Cafe in the Crypt, if open, otherwise in the glass entrance to the Crypt.
Your Pilgrimage Leaders, Phyllis SantaMaria and Roberta Ardern, begin with a briefing and a reflection.
We then head at 13.00 to the very centre of London, to the Charles I statue just south of Trafalgar Square.
Each Pilgrim will receive an information leaflet with historical notes, poems that we use along the way.
Please wear layers, waterproofs and bring any musical instruments, flowers we will use in our reflections along the way.
Here’s our route:
- Charles I statue, original site of Charing Cross
- Queen Eleanor’s Cross, outside Charing Cross station
- York Watergate in Embankment Gardens
- Golden Jubilee Bridge to cross River Thames
- South Bank, stopping to view Temple across on North Bank
- Onto the River ‘beach’ near Gagriel’s Wharf tide permitting
- Tate Modern
- Globe Theatre, time permitting
- Millenium Bridge to cross River Thames
- St Laurence and Mary Magdalene water fountain
- St Paul’s for end of Pilgrimage at 16.00
- Tea in Paul’s if possible
The charge of £10 full fee, £5 or £1 concession goes fully to Gatekeeper Trust. (Option to join as member on the registration form.)
St Martin-in-the-Fields Cafe in Crypt, if open, otherwise in the glass entrance at street level to the Crypt
Phyllis will be wearing a very colourful raincoat
Gatekeeper Trust has Pilgrimages throughout the UK, throughout the year. Refer to https://gatekeeper.org.uk/ for listings and registration. In this time of Covid, we need more and more to connect with the spirit of place, to heal our planet and ourselves by walking mindfully and with one another in companionship.
Read our COVID restriction guidance - click here